Joel received his B.A. from Southern Illinois University while majoring in the Administration of Justice and with double minors in Spanish and Zoology. Joel also earned his Juris Doctorate at the Southern Illinois University School of Law. While in law school Joel travelled across the country excelling in Moot Court Competitions and continues to serve as a judge for National Moot Court competitions at the University.
Joel is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, Will County Bar Association, and American Association of Premiere DUI Attorneys. Joel has been and continues to be a speaker at seminars for continuing legal education.
Outside of work, Joel is an avid poker player, golfer, traveler and loves music.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Illinois, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 2005
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois
- J.D. - 2004
- Honors: National Moot Court competitions, Judge
- Southern Illinois University
- B.A. - 2001
- Major: Administration of Justice
- Minor: Spanish
- Minor: Zoology
- Legislation Update 2016 Criminal Committee Seminar, Will County Bar Association
- National Health Law Moot Court Judge, SIU School of Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Will County Bar Association, Member
- American Association of Premiere DUI Attorneys, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Chuck Bretz & Associates, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2007 to 2014
- Tracy, Johnson & Wilson, Associate Attorney, 2004 to 2007